Call Boys & Call Girls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Call Boys & Call Girls

The Hottest Forum for People Working in Call Center, BPO and IT Industry

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

US Music: Britney Spears on "Good Morning America": Well, her stomach looked good!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hinurusgan™
Admin
Hinurusgan™

Male
Number of posts : 771
Job/hobbies : ....
Registration date : 2008-04-27

US Music: Britney Spears on "Good Morning America": Well, her stomach looked good! Empty
PostSubject: US Music: Britney Spears on "Good Morning America": Well, her stomach looked good!   US Music: Britney Spears on "Good Morning America": Well, her stomach looked good! Icon_minitime12/2/2008, 10:06 am

She's back!

I'm not sure why it's being touted as the second coming!

But she's back!

I understand the point of hype and publicity, because I wouldn't have a job without it. And I understand the drama potential in covering the rise, ugly tabloid-and-Cheetos-covered fall and second rise of a former pop luminary like Britney Spears, because America loves a feel-good story. I'm pulling for her, because even though she was never one of my favorites, and we can all admit that her voice was never stellar, she's a fantastic performer when she's on point. And she seems like a sweet lady, no matter what her problems, because who doesn't have relatives we love with problems? So I see why we're all excited when Britney's doing well.

(Although I wouldn't go patting ourselves on the back so smugly, America, because y'all know you were buying those tabloids when Britney was shaving her head and making out with strangers at photo shoots, too. Sometimes, a fall will hold us just as well.)

But even this jaded veteran entertainment reporter was a little stunned at the crazy buzz surrounding Britney's birthday appearance on "Good Morning America" just now. I mean, more power to her PR folks, because if you can get a major morning show to hype your client's 27th birthday and 80th comeback like Judy Garland, Elvis and Sammy Davis Jr. had risen from the grave to sing "My Way," then you've got some mojo I'm frightened and awed by.

And she was lip-synching. That's what she does, so it's cool they don't even try to pretend she's not. She looked awesome, as she's in much better shape than she was during that infamous MTV VMA "Gimme More" performance, both because her tummy is slamming and because she seemed to be awake this time. I do like that "Circus" song, and "Womanizer" is infernally catchy, even though the chorus has one word in it.

They've been doing commercials on this, with Britney smiling and cutting a cake, for at least a week. And in the commercial breaks leading up to her big top-themed performance of "Circus," the title track of her new album, the cast of "Desperate Housewives," Hugh Jackman, Reese Witherspoon and others wished her well in taped segments like they were paying tribute to Elizabeth Taylor on her 80th birthday. Again, I get promotion...but seriously?

Again, she has sold 62 million albums at an age when some people are still living with their mamas trying to find themselves between following Widespread Panic tours. So, good on ya, Brit. Keep it up.
Back to top Go down
https://callboyscallgirls.darkbb.com

US Music: Britney Spears on "Good Morning America": Well, her stomach looked good!
Page 1 of 1